Heather in Rome

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - St. Augustine

Tuesday, September 27

Almost there...Plus my contact info

I leave for Rome in less than 19 hours. It's so close! I should be in bed, getting a good night's rest, but there is still so much to do. Return an adaptor that I found for a cheaper price elsewhere, contact the bank so my parents can access my bank account while I'm gone, remember not to forget my hair or toothbrush and then try to find a place for them in the luggage. They may be small, but the luggage is pretty darn full.

I sewed a bag for my backpacking pack because I hear baggage handlers can really do a number on a pack, tearing straps off or tearing holes. No way am I checking my bag unprotected. Speaking of my pack, it weighs a lot. I put it on to weigh it and now my lower back hurts. I didn't use the hip belt, which takes a lot of the weight off your back. And my pack is the lighter of the two. Good thing I'm not shouldering my suitcase. It is almost 70 pounds, the max for international flight. A lot of the weight is from books. Travel books, learn to speak Italian books, a Bible and Catechism. All that paper adds up fast. I just hope I don't have to lift it very much when getting on the train and bus. Oh no, the bus. Getting the suitcase on the bus with a pack on is not going to be easy.

Anyway, here is my contact information for the year. Address: Domus Aurelia, Via Aurelia 218, 00165 Roma Italia. Phone number: 0039 06 39 36 59 52. You can call between 2-3:30 pm and 8:30-10:30 pm. Italy is 9 hours ahead of CA I think.

Alright, I've got to get off this machine. Time is awastin'.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heather! If you're reading this, then you're in Rome! I hope all the traveling went well. :D

    ~Lauren

     
  • At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Heather,
    We're so glad you called yesterday. I tried to call you on Thursday and the phone just rang and nobody picked it up. I tried both times that you put on your paper. I didn't want you to think we hadn't tried to call you! Eddie told me about your blog so I was so glad to see what's been going on with you and I am really glad Monty was there to help you with all your luggage, etc! I know you're off to Assisi so have a great time. We love you and miss you!!!
    Love,
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home