Heather in Rome

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - St. Augustine

Monday, February 13

Prayer Request

Hi everyone,
I haven't heard from the environmental camp I interviewed with 2 weeks ago, but I should find out if they offer me a position in a week. It sounds made for me, but I would still like your prayers for my decision if they offer me a position. Just because it sounds really good doesn't mean it is automatically for me.
On the second subject, we head for Paray-Le-Monial in France on Wednesday. When there we have the option of joining the Emmanuel Community if we feel called to do so. I wasn't thinking about it much, even though I really like the community, but then Fr. Thierry talked with me about it. He said I seem to fit in with everything we do here and don't have large qualms about anything so I might be a good fit. I don't have time to explain what joining means, but if you could pray for my discernment of this important spiritual matter.
Now before I sign off, I would like to relay something that was said by Blessed Charles de Foucauld. "Father, I put myself in your hands, Father, I abandon myself to you, I entrust myself to you. Father, do with me as it pleases you. Whatever you do with me, I will thank you for it. Giving thanks for anything, I am ready for anything, I accept all things, give thanks for everything. As long as your will, my God, is done in me, as long as your will is done in all your creatures, in all your children, in all those your heart loves, I ask for nothing else. O God, I put my soul into your hands. I give it to you, O God, with all the love of my heart, because I love you, and because my love requires me to give myself. I put myself unreservedly in your hands. I put myself in your hands with infinite confidence, because you are my Father."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home