Heather in Rome

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - St. Augustine

Wednesday, April 26

Vacation Life

Vacation was fun, prayerful, touristy. I leave in an hour for a week-long Bible retreat, which means a week spent in silence focusing on the Word of God, so I don't have time now to describe what I did. The retreat sounds crazy I bet, but I'm looking forward to it. We will be in the countryside outside of Rome and there will be time to walk and run in nature. Yea!
Anyway, I spent good time in Padua and Siena, managing to keep the spirituality of the year even when on vacation. A lot of the churches charge to enter, but I would go for Mass and get in for free. Took a boat along the Grand Canal in the morning, saw where gondolas are made. Got to pray in front of a Eucharistic miracle. I'll write more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home