Heather in Rome

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - St. Augustine

Wednesday, June 7

After More than 8 Months of Pasta

Well, there are only 23 days left in the school, then I have 19 days of travel around Europe, which means that I will be back in Cali in 42 days. I thought I should prepare people for at least the physical changes so people aren't shocked when I come home. I haven't posted pictures for awhile so I don't know if you have seen my new hair cut. I've had it since last month, courtesy of Marco our lovely student barber, and everyone thinks it looks really nice. Feminine, good style for my personality, etc. It's shorter, with framing around my face. Difficult to explain, but maybe I'll have pictures soon.
On the bad side, I've probably gained 6-8 pounds and lost some muscle at the same time. It's terrible. When you lose muscle, you're supposed to lose weight too. Not when I'm eating 2 courses a meal, with pasta counting as one of them, and not exercising as much as I used to. My cardiovascular fitness has dropped too. Augghh. I need a gym when I get home and a physical hockey game. How I miss hockey sometimes when I'm here. I didn't miss it a lot last year, I guess because I was doing other athletic activities, but now I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home