Heather in Rome

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - St. Augustine

Friday, June 9

Household Weekend Away

This weekend is a household weekend away. The school separates into the four household groups and we attack various parts of Italy. My group of girls is going to San Giovanni Rotondo, the city where St. Padre Pio is from. It is on the east coast of Italy, more south of Rome. It's not easily accessible by train or bus, so guess what? We're driving and at least in the crazy cities it is going to be me who drives. Teresa and Siska drive on the left side of the road so in the cities they are out. Carole is the only one who has driven in the past 8 months, but her ankle is still recovering and is not ready for the gas pedal. Anna has her license but isn't comfortable driving so that leaves me. Yikes!!! Italian drivers are crazy. I haven't driven in 8 months. It's a manuel, which I can drive, but if I get stuck on a big hill it could be a little scary. And lastly, Rome streets are chaos. So keep me in mind when you are driving this weekend and maybe offer up a little prayer. I have to pull out my CA freeway driving skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home